The IP, communications and technology practice team advises on all legal and regulatory matters affecting the sector. Our intellectual property lawyers have extensive experience in managing large-scale projects from assisting in negotiations to setting up a contractual framework for commercial ventures. We also assist our clients with ad hoc advice and single contract reviews.
Our intellectual property expertise includes:
- Dispute resolution in all IP rights matters
- Trademarks, patents, designs and copyrights, and domain names
- Franchising, licensing and distribution
- Broadcasting and digital distribution
- IP law aspects of M&A transactions
With regard to communications and technology, we have expertise in:
- Communications regulation
- Outsourcing, transactions and dispute resolution
- Software licensing and development
- IT and commercial law aspects of M&A transactions
- E-commerce and distance contracts
- Commercial agreements and general terms
- Privacy and data protection
- Consumer law issues
- Unfair competition
- Product regulation and dispute resolution, in sectors such as the pharmaceutical industry and foodstuffs
Our IP, communications and technology team handles dispute-related matters in close collaboration with Arendt's dedicated dispute resolution practice.
- [NEW] January 2024: Arendt & Medernach has been named in the WTR 1000 – the World's Leading Trademark Professionals – a unique guide that identifies the top trademark professionals in key jurisdictions around the globe. Individuals qualify for inclusion in the WTR 1000 upon receiving considerable positive feedback from market sources with knowledge of their practice and the market in which they operate.
Our Partner Astrid Wagner, head of the IP, Communication & Technology team, is listed as a recommended expert by the WTR 1000. With her team, Astrid handles the full range of Luxembourg legal activities and services related to crucial topics of today, such as cybersecurity and data protection, ICT contracting, artificial intelligence, data management and IP protection, as well as other challenges brought by new technologies.
The editors commented that: "Astrid Wagner, has broad horizons and is a leading expert in Luxembourg in the areas of data privacy, consumer protection, e-commerce, technology, media and telecommunications, and intellectual property. She has an outstanding ability to manage significant projects which involve the intersection of multiple sectors within these areas, and is highly valued by her clients for her ability to give diversified assistance. She is the top IP mind at Arendt & Medernach.”