Luxembourg is one of the principal jurisdictions to which hedge fund managers looking for post-Brexit structuring and EU distribution solutions are turning.
The country's toolbox of options places a broad range of products at the disposal of hedge fund managers, including both regulated and unregulated regimes, offering a marketing passport within the EU and, to some extent, regulatory recognition outside it.
• Structuring funds under Part II of the Luxembourg fund legislation, as limited partnerships or as light-touch Reserved Alternative Investment Funds.
• Conversion of hedge fund strategies into UCITS-compliant structures.
• AIFMD compliance.
• Performance fee structure and tax analysis.
• Prime brokerage due diligence and negotiation of agreements.
• Derivatives instrument documentation.
• Leverage issues.