This seminar provides participants with an opportunity to learn the key concepts of private equity and real estate fund structuring. During the seminar, individual private equity and real estate structuring options will be presented and discussed. All the seminar content will be supported by practical examples and actual case studies.
The seminar will be split into two separate courses:
- Basic course: a four-hour course on the main legal and regulatory aspects of the setting up of private equity and real estate structures from both the regulated and non-regulated perspective, taking into account the key AIFMD concepts; and
- Advanced course: a four-hour course aimed at broadening the participant’s knowledge of fund structuring in the private equity and real estate sectors with a clear focus on structuring aspects (i.e. how to determine the most efficient legal form and regime, the key terms and conditions, typical clauses and main contract mechanisms).
- Overview of investment vehicles in Luxembourg, legal forms and the regulatory regime
- Private equity and real estate considerations
- Private equity and real estate investment vehicles
- Key AIFMD concepts
- The main legal regimes (SIF, SICAR, RAIF and unregulated structures) - enhanced structuring
- Key criteria and conditions
Adrian Aldinger (Partner, Private Equity & Real Estate, Arendt & Medernach),
Maren Stadler-Tjan (Counsel, Private Equity & Real Estate, Arendt & Medernach).
Professionals working in the legal departments of management companies, agencies, depositaries, alternative investment fund managers. Other professionals from the financial sector interested in the topic of PE / RE and related issues.
Basic course: 4 hours
Advanced course: 4 hours