Our experts from Arendt & Medernach are pleased to invite you to our interactive webinar “EU sanctions: dos and don'ts” on Thursday, 9 June 2022.
After a brief introduction by Glenn Meyer (Partner, Banking & Financial Services) on what restrictive measures are, how operators in the European Union can be impacted and what to do in case of exposure to risks, Philippe-Emmanuel Partsch (Partner, EU & Competition Law), Marianne Brésart (Senior Associate, EU & Competition Law) and Björn Ten Seldam (Associate, EU & Competition Law) will share their experiences on the following EU Sanctions related topics:
1. Foreword: navigating and living with sanctions is a new cross-industry reality
2. Focus on sanctions
- Freezing of funds
- Deposit restrictions
- Transferable securities and units in collective investment undertakings
- Restrictions for trusts
- Exports and provision of services to Russia/Russian nationals (insurance,…)
3. Cross-cutting questions
- Sanctions-related due diligence and reporting obligations: when? how? to whom? about what?
- What triggers the application of EU sanctions: an EU nexus
- Anti-circumvention clause: a bogeyman or a Pandora box?