At the end of this training session (complete day), the participants will be able to understand the key concepts and procedures needed to handle on a day-to-day basis the various obligations stemming from the Luxembourg law provisions implementing the Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act (FATCA) and the Common Reporting Standard (CRS), with a specific focus on the fund industry.
The training consists of 2 sessions:
- 3,5 hours to go through the theory (with a bit of practice)
- 3,5 hours to go through the practice (with a bit of theory)
Attending both sessions is highly recommend but not mandatory.
CRS and FATCA forms
- Rules* for W-9, W-8BEN and W-8BEN-E forms (* QI excluded)
- Zoom on Reporting Model 1 FFI, Investment Advisor/Manager, Active NFFE and Passive NFFE
- Completion of some examples
CRS and FATCA reports
- Applicable framework
- The FATCA & CRS report components
- Zoom on GIIN and TIN specifications
Production of CRS and FATCA reports (practical cases)
- Identification of a reportable account under FATCA & CRS
- Issuance of a nil report
- Issuance of FATCA & CRS reports
Nicola Losito (Director, Arendt Regulatory & Consulting)
Lucile Dos Santos (Senior Associate, Tax Law, Arendt & Medernach).
People in charge of KYC and Compliance aspects, board members of Luxembourg investment structures, legal officers.
3, 5 hours
(rebate of 150 EUR on total budget if you join also the morning session)
For more information please contact us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org