Sustainable finance has become a clear point of focus for many, if not all, financial market participants, investment funds and operational companies. Understanding what lies behind the E, the S and the G of ESG is key for asset managers and banks who wish to define a strategy fit for their organisation which, when successfully executed, effectively identifies opportunities while managing the potential risks linked to this emerging topic.
Arendt and Ripple Effect have partnered and combined their expertise to propose a three-module training programme to guide you through the latest regulatory changes supporting the development of sustainable finance and ESG, as well as through the practical challenges arising from the design and implementation of sustainable investment strategies. The training programme also provides participants with a clear understanding of what are sustainability risks and how to manage them while providing participants with the keys to monitoring and reporting on sustainability-related matters. This training programme is filled with important information on a growing industry from the experts themselves, giving you an insider look into the key ESG concepts, the importance of sustainable investing, and guidelines to sustainable finance.
Attendance of all modules is recommended but not mandatory.
Module 1 – SFDR, the EU Taxonomy and the broader EU regulatory framework (3,5 hours)
- Outline of the European Commission Action Plan on sustainable finance
- The SFDR
- The EU Taxonomy
- Revisions to AIFM and UCITS Directives and MiFID Rules
- Practical examples give an overview of the key considerations related to the Regulation that participants need to take into account to start or continue their ESG journey.
Target Audience: Legal & Compliance teams, Board & senior management, ESG project team members.
Module 2 – Sustainability & Risk Management (3,5 hours)
- Sustainability risks identification, measurement and management
- The expectations of the regulator, with regards to embedding and documenting the consideration of ESG risks in the risk management process, at both manager and product level
- Materiality of sustainability risks
- Review of the operational impact on internal organization including:
- The key features of an effective ESG policy and procedures
- ESG Management System
Target Audience: Risk management team members.
Module 3 - ESG & Distribution (3,5 hours)
- Key ESG/ SFDR concepts
- MiFID Impacts
- Sustainability preferences
- Product categorization
- Local rules
- Dos and don'ts in marketing documentation
Target Audience: Private Bankers/ investment adivsors, sales & distribution teams, people in charge of investor relations, product management teams
Good to know
Should you wish to get a first understanding on ESG we recommend module 1 and module 2 of our e-learning (fully digital solution).
The modules will help you to:
- understand the importance of sustainable finance in today’s society and hear experts view on it
- understand key ESG concepts & definitions
- name sustainable risks
- define adverse impact
- give examples of sustainable investments
You find more information here.
Our speakers belong to both our specialised and complementary teams and as such, cover all legal, regulatory, taxation and advisory aspects of doing business in Luxembourg. We invite you to check our training agenda where the speakers are listed on each training session.
For this programme our experts team up regularly with Jane Wilkinson, Independent Director of Ripple Effect in order to combine extensive governance, regulatory and monitoring expertise.
Participants should have a basic knowledge of sustainable finance principles (i.e. knowledge of certain existing market initiatives). You find further information underneath each module.
3,5 hours per module (incl. a break).
English, French, German (customised format).
For more information, please contact us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org