Sustainable finance has become a clear point of focus for many, if not all, financial market participants, investment funds and operational companies. Understanding what lies behind the E, the S and the G of ESG is key for asset managers and banks to defining a strategy fit for their organisation which, when successfully executed, effectively identifies opportunities while managing the potential risks linked to this emerging topic.
Increased investors’ expectations and a more and more stringent regulatory framework on sustainable finance mean that having a strong ESG strategy is no longer just a “nice to have”. All market participants have to go beyond green washing and tighten their processes from the researching and gathering of information, to the monitoring of their operations and investments if they don’t want to come under the spotlight for wrong ESG management.
The training provides participants with a clear understanding of what are sustainability risks and how to manage them. The programme is filled with important information on a growing industry from the experts themselves, giving you an insider look into the key ESG concepts, the importance of sustainable investing, and guidelines to sustainable finance.
ESG update – sustainability risks and risk management systems (3,5 hours)
The course will cover:
- A global overview of sustainability risks (their identification, measurement, management and frameworks)
- The expectations of the regulator, with regard to embedding and documenting the consideration of ESG risks in the risk management process, at both corporate and product level
- Explanation of the interplay between ESG materiality and ESG risks ,and how an ESG materiality evaluation is completed
- Review of the operational impact on internal organization including:
- The key features of an effective ESG policy and procedures
- ESG Management System
- Review of the example of one of the world’s leading ESG frameworks to be integrated into the Management system.
Stéphane Badey (Partner, Arendt Regulatory & Consulting),
Antoine Peter (Manager, Arendt Regulatory & Consulting)
Alexandre Brajou (Manager, Arendt Regulatory & Consulting)
Anyone interested in sustainable finance and in a potential ESG investment strategy and who wishes to know more about ESG and sustainable finance. Participants are expected to have a basic knowledge of sustainable finance principles (i.e. knowledge of certain existing market initiatives).
3,5 hours (including a break).
We send the invoice after the training date.