At the end of the learning session you will be able to:
- Terminate an employment contract at any moment of the employment relationship in compliance with Luxembourg law
- Prevent abusive dismissal and its consequences for your organisation
- Act upon resignation from an employee
- Terminate with mutual consent
The session will cover the following content:
- Dismissal of the employee:
- During the trial period
- Preliminary meeting
- Dismissal with notice period
- Dismissal with immediate effect for serious grounds
- Protections against dismissal
- Collective dismissals:
- Step plan
- Negotiation of a social plan
- Conciliation procedure
- Abusive dismissal:
- Time limits for action
- Damages / compensation
- Reinstatement of the employee
- Resignation by the employee:
- Resignation with notice period
- Resignation with immediate effect for serious grounds
- Action by the employer
- Termination upon mutual consent:
- Usual terms and conditions of termination agreements
- Challenging the agreement
Lorraine Chéry (Senior Associate, Employment Law, Pensions & Benefits practice, Arendt & Medernach)
Annabelle De Lima-Ted (Senior Associate, Employment Law, Pensions & Benefits practice, Arendt & Medernach)
People in charge of Human Resources.
A discount of 100 € applies if attendance to all 3 episodes (overall 6 hours) (same participant of an organization).
Points of attention
This episode is part of the Employment Law Training Day. Attendance to all 3 episodes is possible but not mandatory.
For attendeees who do minimum episode 1 and 2 a lunch is already included in the budget.
Should you wish to sign up for all 3 sessions you can also contact us via email.
For any information, please contact us by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org