The EU General Data Protection Regulation has been applicable since 25 May 2018. It applies directly in all EU member states. Being GDPR compliant has been a major challenge for many businesses.
The objectives of this training session are to:
- explain the fundamental principles of data protection,
- identify the main operational impacts for the person in charge of the treatment and processing and for the data protection officer (DPO),
- provide participants with the main broad principles for being compliant with GDPR.
Key personal data protection rules in Luxembourg and new regulations
- GDPR “Accountability” principle
- The rights of data subjects, including data access requests
- Transferring personal data outside the EU
- Enhanced sanctions
- Governance (DPO, special categories of personal data, data protection by design, by default, ..)
- Handling data subject requests
- Review relationship with third parties
- Securing personal data
GDPR project organisation and timeline
- Governance and maintenance
Question and answer session
A special focus will be placed on interaction with participants throughout the session and on question and answer sessions.
Astrid Wagner (Partner, IP, Communication & Technology, Arendt & Medernach),
Bénédicte D'Allard (Manager, Arendt Regulatory & Consulting).
In house Counsel, Risk Managers, Chief IT Officers, CEOs, COO’s, Compliance Officers.
For any information, please contact us by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org