This is an online training
This online training aims at explaining to participants the duties and liabilities of a Luxembourg depositary of a Luxembourg fund in different contexts - AIFMD (including PE/RE funds), UCITS V and other funds (SIF, Sicar, Part II, etc.) – and taking into consideration the funds’ legal form (SICAV, FCP, etc.).
Participants will be provided with a detailed overview of the applicable rules. Whenever possible, practical and operating aspects will be discussed with a view to raising the awareness of participants from different backgrounds with respect to best market practices.
The training session is split into 2 sessions of 2 hours each and covers the following topics:
- Legal duties / obligations deriving from AIFMD and CSSF Circular 18/697
- Legal duties / obligations deriving from UCITS V and CSSF Circular 16/644
- Impact of upcoming changes introduced by Commission Delegated Regulations 2018/1618 and 2018/1619
Duties of a depositary
- For custodiable assets
- For other assets, including but not limited to financial derivative instruments, PE and target funds
- How to organize the delegation of the depositary duties (due diligence on sub-custodians / TA / specialised intermediaries)
- Liability issues and protective measures for both custodiable assets and other assets
- Cash monitoring (incl. accounts with entities other than the depositary)
- Oversight duties
Dr. Frank Brülin (Counsel, Investment Management, Arendt & Medernach).
Professionals in charge of business, legal and operational matters inherent to depositary activities or professionals in charge of investment support, investment structuring or legal matters within UCITS and AIF and / or their management companies.
2 hours (another 2-hour session takes place on 29.06.2020).
€500 (for the attendance of the 2 sessions: 29.06 and 01.07.2020)
Point of attention
The cancelation policy stated on the bottom of our page “training agenda” applies. It is a session consisting of 2 parts; should attendees only participate in part 1 there won’t be a (partial) refund of the overall budget of 500 EUR.
For any information, please contact us by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org