In January, the Hong Kong Securities and Futures Commission (SFC) and the Luxembourg Commission de Surveillance du Secteur Financier (CSSF) have signed a Memorandum of Understanding concerning Mutual Recognition of Funds (MRF). This is the fifth MRF arrangement entered into by the SFC over the past four years, with the People’s Republic of China (2015), Switzerland (2016), France (2018) and the United Kingdom (2018).
Speakers from Hong Kong and Luxembourg will discuss the content of this new Hong Kong Luxembourg MRF and the related circulars of the SFC and the CSSF, the conditions to benefit from the MRF and the actual advantages for Hong Kong fund managers and Luxembourg UCITS fund managers. In their discussion, the speakers will put this MRF in the broader context of the other MRFs in force and share views and practical experience in relation to European distribution of Hong Kong funds and of Luxembourg UCITS funds in Hong Kong and generally Asia.
– Eleanor Wan, Chief Executive Officer, BEA Union Investment Management Limited
– Stewart Aldcroft, Senior Advisor, Asian Fund Management Industry, Managing Director, Citi
– Alwyn Li, Partner, Financial Services Group, Deacons
– Stephane Karolczuk, Partner, Investment Management, Arendt & Medernach
– MRF schemes in force
– Hong Kong - Luxembourg MRF specificities
– Conditions to benefit from the Hong Kong - Luxembourg MRF
– Benefits for Luxembourg UCITS managers and Hong Kong fund managers
– Practical experience in relation to other MRFs
– Looking forward