Monitoring distribution has for a long time been a neglected activity although fund distribution is recognized as a key area of risk for asset managers and MiFID 2 has re-enforced that feeling.
Fund distribution necessarily involves many different stakeholders all along a complex cascade value chain.
In addition, the activity of fund distribution is often conducted on a cross-border basis. This is especially true for Luxembourg funds as Luxembourg is one of the leading cross-border distribution fund centers.
All this makes the implementation of a reasonable monitoring system quite challenging and Luxembourg players often struggle with the monitoring of a vast distribution network.
The objectives of the training session address the following issues:
- How to practically determine a risk-based approach for the monitoring of fund distribution?;
- How to identify clear areas of risk in a distribution model by putting in place simple data reconciliations?
During the training we will focus on the following subject matters:
- Cross-border authorisation (passport and PP rules)
- Documentation compliance and dispatch
- Due diligence and monitoring of the chain of distributors
- AML/ KYC / FATCA
- Remuneration of distributors/ Inducement restrictions
- Internet website
- Distribution contract management
- Product Governance
A special focus will be placed on interaction with participants as well as on question and answer sessions.
Nicolas Deldime (Partner, Arendt Regulatory & Consulting),
François Jacquemet (Senior Manager, Arendt Regulatory & Consulting).
Members of control teams in a management company or global distributors.
For any information, please contact us by e-mail email@example.com