This training session ensures participants gain solid knowledge on specific AML/ CFT topics, including tax aspects.
Our legal expert teams up with a tax expert and will cover the following content:
Legal and regulatory topics:
- AML/CFT legal and regulatory update (including TFS and counter proliferation financing screening)
- AML/CFT Reporting
- Customer - and asset due diligence
- Outsourcing and delegation mandates
Aggravated tax fraud and tax evasion topics:
- Overview of the new regulations:
- Analysis of the impacts that CSSF Circular 17/650 will have on assessing the risks of money laundering and terrorist financing.
- Explanation and practical examples of the indicators listed in Appendix 1 of the Circular.
- Due-diligence obligations:
- How to note these suspicions in the internal control system.
- What due-diligence obligations to apply to avoid dealing with funds derived from tax evasion.
- What are the penalties of failing to adhere to the regulations?
- Who is affected by the regulations?
Our experts will provide practical examples and time for Q&A is foreseen.
Jennyfer Nündel (Counsel, Investment Management, Arendt & Medernach)
Lucile Dos Santos (Senior Associate, Tax Law, Arendt & Medernach)
Professionals in charge of front office, administration, accounting, legal and compliance functions in banks, management companies, self-managed investment companies or other professionals of the financial sector.
For more information please contact us by e-mail at email@example.com