Participants who attend overall 6 hours will gain solid knowledge of the legal framework concerning the staff delegation. They will get a very good grasp of the practical questions possibly arising about the relations between the employer and the staff delegation.
Furthermore, they learn about the role of trade unions and about negotiation of collective agreements.
The session is part of the 3-module training "Interaction with employees' delegates and with trade unions".
Participation to all 3 sessions is recommended but not mandatory.
Interaction with the employees' delegates
Introduction: General overview
- Types of employee’s representations
- Role and function of employee’s delegates
- Social elections
Functioning of the delegation
- Staff delegation meetings
- Time credit and released staff delegates
- Right to training-leave
Means of the staff delegation
- Entitlement to equipment
- Financial entitlements
Interactions of the delegation
- Free movement within the undertaking
- with staff members
- with the employer
- assistance at meetings
- negotiations with the delegates
- with Trade Union
- with external authorities
Competences and attributions of the staff delegation
- General mandate
- Information and consultation
- Right to be heard and consulted
- Access to information
- Confidentiality obligations
- Subjects of information and consultation
- Social issues
- HR issues
- technical, economic and financial matters
- Participation in certain company decisions
- Special focus on
- Occupational health and safety
- Internal regulations
Jean-Luc Putz (Partner, Employment Law, Pensions & Benefits, Arendt & Medernach)
Human resources professionals, lawyers specialising in company law, or anyone with HR responsibilities.
(Note that the session as presented above does not address members of the staff delegation).
Point of attention
The session is part of the 3-module training series on staff delegation/ trade unions. Participation to all 3 sessions is recommended but not mandatory.
Should you attend all 3 episodes (two dates in March 2023) we apply a rebate of 100 € to the overall budget (same person of an organisation).
For more information please contact us by e-mail at email@example.com