At the end of the learning session you will be able to:
- Terminate an employment contract at any moment of the employment relationship in compliance with Luxembourg law
- Prevent abusive dismissal and its consequences for your organisation
- Act upon resignation from an employee
- Terminate with mutual consent
The session is part of the 3-episode training on employment contracts / relationship. Participation to all 3 sessions is recommended but not mandatory.
The session will cover the following content:
- Dismissal of the employee:
- During the trial period
- Preliminary meeting
- Dismissal with notice period
- Dismissal with immediate effect for serious grounds
- Protections against dismissal
- Abusive dismissal:
- Time limits for action
- Damages / compensation
- Reinstatement of the employee
- Resignation by the employee:
- Resignation with notice period
- Resignation with immediate effect for serious grounds
- Action by the employer
- Termination upon mutual consent:
- Usual terms and conditions of termination agreements
- Challenging the agreement
Lorraine Chéry (Counsel, Employment Law, Pensions & Benefits, Arendt & Medernach)
Noémie Haller (Senior Associate, Employment Law, Pensions & Benefits, Arendt & Medernach)
People in charge of Human Resources as well as any person interested in the subject.
Point of attention
The session is part of the 3-episode training on employment contracts/ relationship. Participation to all 3 sessions is recommended but not mandatory.
This session (episode 3) takes place in remote format (WebEx)
Should you attend all 3 episodes (on 21 and 22 February) we apply a rebate of 100 € to the overall budget (same person of an organisation).
For more information please contact us by e-mail at email@example.com