The EU General Data Protection Regulation has been applicable since 25 May 2018. It applies directly in all EU member states. Being GDPR compliant has been a major challenge for many businesses.
The objectives of this training session are to:
- explain the fundamental principles of data protection,
- identify the main operational impacts for the person in charge of the treatment and processing and for the data protection officer (DPO),
- provide participants with the main broad principles for being compliant with GDPR.
Key personal data protection rules in Luxembourg and new regulations
- GDPR “Accountability” principle
- The rights of data subjects, including data access requests
- Transferring personal data outside the EU
- Enhanced sanctions
- Governance (DPO, special categories of personal data, data protection by design, by default, ..)
- Handling data subject requests
- Review relationship with third parties
- Securing personal data
GDPR project organisation and timeline
- Governance and maintenance
Question and answer session
A special focus will be placed on interaction with participants throughout the session and on question and answer sessions.
Our speakers come from all over our specialised and complementary teams, covering all legal, regulatory, taxation and advisory aspects of doing business in Luxembourg. We invite you to check our training agenda where the speakers are listed on each training session.
In house Counsel, Risk Managers, Chief IT Officers, CEOs, COO’s, Compliance Officers.
For any information, please contact us by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org