The development of the Luxembourg space sector has always been driven by commercial space activities and the Grand Duchy has adopted a legal framework in line with the progress made by private-sector companies. It was owing to the provision of a legal framework for the activities of the first Luxembourg commercial satellite operator that Luxembourg adopted the Electronic Media Law. Subsequently, the provision of a favourable environment for companies whose purpose was the exploration and use of outer space resources was the catalyst for the Space Resources Law. The legislator now also created a general framework applicable to all space activities to enable companies operating in the space sector to have at their disposal a single piece of legislation applying to the whole industry (with the exception of space resources operators).
The objectives of this training session are to:
- give a refresh on the fundamental principles of the international space law;
- provide an overview of the Luxembourg space legal and regulatory framework;
- explain the authorisation and licensing regimes applying to the space operators;
- analyse the main regulatory impacts for the space operators in different stage of their space activity;
- identify the regulators and authorities competent for the Luxembourg space sector.
- Luxembourg space legal and regulatory framework,
- Regime of authorisation and licensing of the space operators,
- Day-to-day “life” of a space operator: practical regulatory aspects.
Our speakers belong to both our specialised and complementary teams and as such cover all legal, regulatory, taxation and advisory aspects of doing business in Luxembourg. We invite you to check our training agenda where the speakers are listed on each training session.
Founders, investors, board members, employees, agents involved in the space sector and/or space operators.
English, French (customised format)
For more information please contact us by e-mail at email@example.com