This training aims at explaining to the participants the global picture of the European Market Infrastructure Regulation (EMIR) and its provisions. EMIR intends to reduce the counterparty and operational risk which is inherent to over-the-counter (OTC) derivative contracts. In this context, several provisions applicable for financial counterparties as well as non-financial counterparties are developed on a European level.
Furthermore, the training content will be adapted in the context of the legislative proposal published by the European Commission to amend EMIR (the “EMIR Review”). Although no fundamental change is expected on the nature of the core requirements of EMIR, which are integral to ensuring transparency and mitigating systemic risks in the derivatives markets, some areas will be adapted, in particular where action may be necessary to ensure fulfilment of the objectives of EMIR in a more proportionate, efficient and effective manner.
- Global Picture of the EMIR provisions
- Legal framework and EMIR II proposal
- Financial / Non-Financial Counterparties
- Clearing Thresholds / Notification
- Applicable deadlines per asset class and counterparty
- Clearing-Chain / Contractual Requirements
- Segregation and portability
- EMIR II - proposed changes re. clearing
Risk Mitigation Techniques
- Initial scope and requirements
- Applicable deadlines
- Risk Management procedures
- Exchange of initial margin and variation margin (exchange of collateral and netting agreement)
- EMIR II - proposed changes re. risk mitigation techniques
- Reporting Requirements
- Reporting Mechanism and Delegation
- Applicable deadlines
- Practical implementation: how to report / define different operating models ?
- EMIR II - proposed changes re. reporting
Steps to be taken
- Overview of operational impacts
- Questions to address - Round table
Our speakers come from all over our specialised and complementary teams, covering all legal, regulatory, taxation and advisory aspects of doing business in Luxembourg. We invite you to check our training agenda where the speakers are listed on each training session.
Professionals in charge of business, legal and operational matters inherent in OTC derivatives transactions.
For any information, please contact us by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org