Tax disputes involving corporations or high net worth individuals are increasing steadily in a global environment characterised by increased transparency and rapidly-changing rules.
Through our longstanding experience and relationship of trust with the authorities, we favour dialogue and efforts to settle any tax disputes in the pre-litigation administrative phase, always keeping in mind the best interests of our clients. Assistance in pre-litigation processes can take many forms, including discussions with the tax authorities regarding audits or requests for exchange of information.
When court action cannot be avoided, our tax litigation team has amassed valuable experience in representing clients before the Luxembourg administrative and civil courts on a wide range of tax issues, including corporate taxation, transfer pricing, individual taxation, VAT and registration duties. We also have a solid track record in assisting clients at the European Court of Justice.
Whatever the situation, our team will lead you through the tax litigation procedure and help you determine the strategy to ensure that your interests are best protected.
Our services cover:
- Representation in administrative appeals and proceedings before national and EU courts.
- Defence in criminal tax investigation proceedings.
- Negotiation and drafting of settlements with tax authorities.
- Cross-border exchange of information requests.
- Arbitration matters with significant tax aspects.
- Advising clients on tax investigations.
- Management of overall tax risk.
- Overdue tax declarations and self-reporting of non-compliance.