Our team advises clients on general commercial matters, as well as creditors and other stakeholders on situations involving financial difficulties of a corporate debtor.
1. General commercial matters
A dedicated and experienced team provides high level services in the field of commercial law for all types of companies whether public or private, local or international.
We assist in the drafting, review and implementation of the terms of any agreements, including, but not limited to
- Commercial agreements;
- General terms and conditions of sale;
- Distribution agreements;
- Marketing and supplier agreements;
- Licensing and franchising agreements;
- Commercial agencies contracts;
- Brokerage contracts;
- Commercial services agreements.
Furthermore, our lawyers provide legal advice and assistance in the following sectors and topics:
- Business licenses;
- Online business;
- Electronic signature;
- Consumer protection;
In addition our team works in close cooperation with their colleagues from other Practices Areas in order to address numerous commercial topics related to their field of expertise, including
- Administrative Law, Property, Construction & Environment;
- Banking & Financial Services;
- Corporate Law, Mergers & Acquisitions;
- Employment Law, Pensions & Benefits;
- EU Financial & Competition Law;
- Insurance and Reinsurance Law;
- IP, Communication & Technology;
- Litigation & Dispute Resolution.
2. Restructuring & Insolvency
At Arendt, we also have dedicated experts for restructuring and insolvency (R&I) work including out-of-court and court restructurings and insolvency proceedings, as well as cases involving foreign jurisdictions.
We develop creative solutions to preserve value for creditors, as well as for business owners.
Strategic advice and legal solutions
Our R&I team works in close collaboration with Arendt Services (AS), Arendt’s corporate and investors services company, specialised in domiciliation, corporate secretary, business creation and liquidations, as well as with Arendt Business Advisory (ABA), Arendt’s dedicated advisory and management consulting firm specialised in strategic and entrepreneurial support, corporate finance, sustainability analysis, crisis negotiation and turnaround/restructuring management.
Our team of dedicated experts provides efficient and comprehensive advice to all intervening parties facing situations of financial difficulties, restructuring or insolvency proceedings, i.e.:
||Creditors (financial institutions, debt funds, bondholders, suppliers)
|Receivers, liquidators, administrators and other insolvency practitioners
||Our global service offering also encompasses the following additional areas of work:
Our integrated approach, unique in the Luxembourg legal landscape, enables Arendt to offer legal advice combined with operational consulting and crisis management solutions.
- [NEW] The Restructuring Review - 13th edition - Luxembourg Chapter 2020 - Clara Mara-Marhuenda, Sébastien Binard and Grégory Minne
A guide offering an overview of the global restructuring market in 2020. Our experts Grégory Minne, Clara Mara-Marhuenda and Sébastien Binard are the authors of the Luxembourg chapter.
- [NEW] The Insolvency Review - 8th edition - Luxembourg Chapter 2020 - Clara Mara-Marhuenda, Sébastien Binard and Grégory Minne
A guide offering an in-depth review of market conditions and insolvency case developments in key countries around the world. Our experts Grégory Minne, Clara Mara-Marhuenda and Sébastien Binard are the authors of the Luxembourg chapter.
- [NEW] International Corporate Rescue - Reorganisation proceedings in Luxembourg: winds of change have begun to blow - Sébastien Binard, Valentina d’Eufemia
An article providing an overview of the current general legal framework in Luxembourg for reorganisation proceedings as well as of the upcoming reform of such proceedings which is due to be formally adopted in the coming months.