Luxembourg is a major hub for private equity, a sector that continues to see the establishment of new firms and the expansion of existing ones, spurred by private equity houses planning their Brexit strategy, plus attractive tax and legal regimes. Our team helps PE firms deal with investor considerations such as protection and transparency, aspects regarding funds including structure flexibility and governance requirements, and investment considerations, notably tax neutrality, within the overall legal and regulatory framework.
• Structuring funds including limited partnerships, RAIFs and SICARs, taking into account AIFMD considerations.
• Negotiations with investors including shareholder agreements and drafting of side-letters.
• Drafting of financing documents and review of financing agreements.
• Review of contractual documents from a direct and indirect tax perspective.
• Issuance of a legal opinion.
• Creation of carried interest vehicles as well as investment and holding structures.
• Pre-marketing and marketing rules.
• Fund support.
• External valuation.