Arendt has the largest market share within Luxembourg's UCITS fund industry, with managers of all kinds as clients, from small start-ups and niche boutiques to the largest global asset managers. This diversity equips us to work on a broad range of vehicles including classic equity and bond funds, alternative UCITS, ETFs and money-market funds; strategies ranging from plain-vanilla stock-picking to complex algorithms; and assets including shares, bonds and money market instruments, but also more exotic carbon emission permits, cocos and green bonds.
Our investment management lawyers can assist at every step of a project, working with clients to find the structure that best meets their regulatory, strategic, marketing, distribution and operational requirements. Our work may cover the entire lifetime of a fund, from the adoption of new strategies to the deployment of new assets, helping negotiate regulatory changes and ensuring clients are aware of new measures that may affect their structures or business model - and responding to any unforeseen events - or simply assisting with the day-to-day operation of the fund.
We benefit from wide experience in global distribution, having successfully exported the UCITS model to markets in Asia and the Middle East, and our investment management experts offer pragmatic and down-to-earth commercial advice.
Our advice and assistance covers areas including:
- UCITS investment restrictions and eligible assets.
- Risk management and valuation.
- Investing in China.
- Money market funds.
- Exchange-traded funds.
- Securities financing transactions regulation.
- European market infrastructure regulation.
- Solvency II.
- Packaged retail and insurance-based investment products regulation and the Key Information Document.
- Marketing and the UCITS passport.
- MiFID II.
- UCITS V remuneration rules.
- FATCA, the Common Reporting Standard and anti-money laundering rules.
- Substance requirements.