Experienced Luxembourg Real Estate transactions lawyer
Arendt & Medernach is the leading independent business law firm in Luxembourg. The firm’s international team of more than 325 legal professionals represents Luxembourg and foreign clients in all areas of Luxembourg business law from its main office in Luxembourg and representative offices in Dubai, Hong Kong, London, Moscow, New York and Paris.
Our service to clients is differentiated by the end to end specialist advice we offer, covering all legal, regulatory, taxation and advisory aspects of doing business in Luxembourg.
Our firm advises international and domestic clients in all areas of business law relevant to their business activities, ranging from fund formation, banking, insurance, private equity and real estate to corporate and tax matters.
As a result of the continuous increase of our activities, we are currently looking for a:
Experienced Luxembourg Real Estate transactions lawyer (m/f)
- You will join our administrative law, property, construction and environment Business Unit, who provides a complete range of real estate law services to both domestic and international clients including real estate promoters, public institutions, real estate managers and advisers, as well as institutional and private investors;
- You will be directly reporting to the partner in charge while managing a small group of associates;
- You will assist our clients in the purchase and sale of real estate assets throughout the entire process from the letter of intent to the closing, including real estate, tax and corporate due diligence, negotiation and the drafting of purchase agreements, lease agreements and other contractual documents;
- In the context of transactions, you will liaise with both internal and external experts on connected topics such as our Tax law and VAT teams regarding Tax due diligence and structure paper, our Corporate law team regarding corporate due diligence, our bank lending and structured finance team regarding financing aspects, as well as economic & finance experts regarding valuation or technical experts and engineers regarding the technical due diligence;
- In addition, you will assist clients in their various real estate projects and answering their question regarding lease agreements, urban planning, environment ;
- You will conduct meetings with clients as well as conference calls with a view to discussing their projects and participate in the drafting of proposals with the support of our Business Development team;
- You will follow-up on client requests, draft opinions and documents and supervise your assigned associates;
- You will train young lawyers within the team and more generally, you will organize team work.
- You hold a university degree in law (Master), ideally completed by an LL.M. in business law;
- You have gained a minimum of 3-5 years of professional experience, ideally in the fields of real estate in Luxembourg;
- You have a perfect command of English and French, both with excellent written communication and legal drafting skills. Every other language is considered a real asset;
- You are able to prioritize and efficiently handle multiple tasks;
- You are open-minded, self-driven, flexible and capable of working pro-actively and well organized in very dynamic and demanding environment.
- An entrepreneurial working environment giving priority to team work;
- A challenging role within a renowned organisation;
- A multicultural environment where we promote diversity, talent & ideas;
- The ability to work and interact with a wide variety of specialists;
- Internal trainings and career development.
If you are interested in this job opportunity, we are looking forward to receiving your application.
All applications will be treated confidentially.