Junior Lawyer - VAT
Arendt & Medernach is the leading independent business law firm in Luxembourg. The firm’s international team of more than 450 legal professionals represents Luxembourg and foreign clients in all areas of Luxembourg business law from its main office in Luxembourg and representative offices in Hong Kong, London, New York and Paris.
Our service to clients is differentiated by the end-to-end specialist advice we offer, covering all legal, regulatory, taxation and advisory aspects of doing business in Luxembourg.
Our firm advises international and domestic clients in all areas of business law relevant to their business activities, ranging from fund formation, banking, insurance, private equity and real estate to corporate and tax matters.
As a result of the continuous increase of our activities, we are currently looking for an:
Junior Lawyer - VAT
- Assist our clients on all VAT-related issues in various domains (commercial (including e-commerce), financial, public bodies, real estate and investment funds’ sectors);
- Provide tailor-made VAT advice and services, including VAT compliance;
- Review of legal documents and agreements prepared by other teams of the Firm;
- Participate in meetings and conference calls with clients to discuss their projects and specific VAT questions or concerns;
- Build strong relationships with clients from the financial, industrial, real estate, public and investment funds sectors based in Luxembourg;
- Analyse and identify client needs, working to find them creative and practical solutions;
- Follow-up on client requests and draft opinions and documents under the supervision of the partner in charge;
- Liaise with Luxembourg VAT authorities and handle VAT requests, audits, claims and litigation procedures;
- Be rapidly involved in the knowledge sharing.
- You hold a university degree in law, economics or finance (first or second State examination in Germany / Master 2 in Belgium, France or Luxembourg), ideally completed by a post-graduate (LLM) degree in tax law;
- You have a perfect command of French and English both written and spoken. German is considered an asset;
- You are motivated, dynamic, and able to work both independently and in a team
- You have strong communication skills.
We offer :
- Excellent internal training and career development
- An entrepreneurial working environment giving priority to collaborative work
- A hybrid working environment offering flexibility and the possibility to work from home
- A challenging role within a renowned organization
- A multicultural environment where we promote diversity, talent & ideas
- The ability to work and interact with a wide variety of specialists
If you are interested in this job opportunity, we are looking forward to receiving your application.
All applications will be treated confidentially.