Investigation and litigation Associate
Arendt & Medernach is the leading independent business law firm in Luxembourg. The firm’s international team of more than 325 legal professionals represents Luxembourg and foreign clients in all areas of Luxembourg business law from its main office in Luxembourg and representative offices in Dubai, Hong Kong, London, Moscow, New York and Paris.
Our service to clients is differentiated by the end to end specialist advice we offer, covering all legal, regulatory, taxation and advisory aspects of doing business in Luxembourg.
Our firm advises international and domestic clients in all areas of business law relevant to their business activities, ranging from fund formation, banking, insurance, private equity and real estate to corporate and tax matters.
Given the ongoing development of our firm, we are currently recruiting a dedicated:
Investigation and litigation Associate (m/f)
- Providing continuous support in the day-to-day management of large, complex and cross-border investigations and litigations;
- Analysis of various and numerous sources of information (documents, archives, correspondence, telephone recordings, case materials etc);
- Retaining, structuring and using the results of this analysis in order to design strong arguments from a defense point of view;
- Structuring an informed and sustainable strategy;
- Following-up on the investigations and litigations;
- Ongoing guidance on the work performed by a team of several lawyers;
- Client relationship management ;
- Contact with judicial, criminal and administrative authorities;
- Contact with foreign counsels;
- Continuous coordination with external service providers, including forensic experts;
- Providing an appropriate and timely response to the inquiries made by clients and authorities;
- Providing a strategic approach to the evolving needs of investigations.
- You have a master’s Degree or equivalent advanced degree in Law; admission to a bar will be considered an asset; understanding of criminal law matters;
- You have 2 years of experience in international investigations or litigations implying E-Discovery aspects and the use of forensic tools;
- You have a perfect command of English and French. The command of German is considered an asset.
- You are to work independently in a fast-paced environment;
- You have great interpersonal and verbal communication skills; with honed organizational skills;
- You have excellent analytic and writing skills, and you are able to construct cogent arguments;
- You are able to handle large volumes of documentation and to synthesize information so as to communicate independent analysis;
- You are able to meet goals and quality criteria for delivery;
- You have leadership competencies so as to generate commitment and excellence in others
- You have a knowledge of E-Discovery tools;
- An entrepreneurial working environment giving priority to team work;
- A challenging role within a renowned organisation;
- A multicultural environment where we promote diversity, talent & ideas;
- The ability to work and interact with a wide variety of specialists;
- Internal trainings and career development.
If you are interested in this job opportunity, we are looking forward to receiving your application.
All applications will be treated confidentially.