Experienced Lawyer - EU Law
Arendt & Medernach is the leading independent business law firm in Luxembourg. The firm’s international team of more than 450 legal professionals represents Luxembourg and foreign clients in all areas of Luxembourg business law from its main office in Luxembourg and representative offices in Hong Kong, London, New York and Paris.
Our service to clients is differentiated by the end to end specialist advice we offer, covering all legal, regulatory, taxation and advisory aspects of doing business in Luxembourg.
Our firm advises international and domestic clients in all areas of business law relevant to their business activities, ranging from fund formation, banking, insurance, private equity and real estate to corporate and tax matters.
Given the ongoing development of our firm, we are currently recruiting a dedicated:
Experienced Lawyer – EU Law
- You will join our European law team, which provides a full range of EU Competition and Financial law services and which is growing fast and consistently.
- Assist companies active in Luxembourg and abroad in all sectors of the financial industry, including public and international entities and authorities.
- Advise generally speaking on EU regulatory questions, mainly EU banking and financial law, including EU restrictive measures. You will also have the opportunity to work on foreign subsidies issues, public procurement, merger control as well as antitrust and competition matters, state aid and SGEIs.
- You will report directly to the partner in charge and will manage less experienced lawyers within the team, organising the team’s work as well as supervising your assigned trainees.
- You hold a university degree in law, ideally completed by a post-graduate degree in EU law, Competition law, EU banking and financial law or any other relevant field. A qualification in Luxembourgish law (CCDL, Examen d’avoué) is an asset.
- You have gained at least 3 years of relevant professional experience in the field of EU law within an international law firm and have developed an expertise in the financial and banking sector, knowledge on and experience in investment funds is a real asset.
- You have a perfect command of English and French, both with excellent written communication and legal drafting skills. Any other language (particularly German) is an asset.
- Any prior experience within a EU institution or body is also welcomed.
- You are open-minded, self-driven, flexible, proactive and willing to join a dynamic environment.
- A permanent position and unique opportunity to work exclusively on EU matters in a law firm in Luxembourg, notably within a remarkable international and diverse team
- Excellent internal training and career development
- An entrepreneurial working environment giving priority to collaborative work.
- A challenging role within a renowned organisation.
- A multicultural environment where we promote diversity, talent & ideas.
- The ability to work and interact with a wide variety of specialists.
- A hybrid working environment offering flexibility and the possibility to work from home.
If you are interested in this job opportunity, we are looking forward to receiving your application.
All applications will be treated confidentially.