AML / KYC Analyst
Arendt & Medernach is the leading independent business law firm in Luxembourg. The firm’s international team of more than 400 legal professionals represents Luxembourg and foreign clients in all areas of Luxembourg business law from its main office in Luxembourg and representative offices in Hong Kong, London, New York and Paris.
Our service to clients is differentiated by the end to end specialist advice we offer, covering all legal, regulatory, taxation and advisory aspects of doing business in Luxembourg.
Our firm advises international and domestic clients in all areas of business law relevant to their business activities, ranging from fund formation, banking, insurance, private equity and real estate to corporate and tax matters.
As a result of the continuous increase of our activities, we are currently looking for a:
AML / KYC Analyst
(position based in Hamm)
Based in our Hamm Office, you will be integrated into our KYC – AML team of 11 analysts (from junior to senior levels) which is in charge of performing the Customer Due Diligences, KYC and KYT. Our team also identifies and monitors AML/CTF risks, using various internal and external databases. Our current team cumulates over 50 years of experience in AML/CTF.
- Review of the AML/KYC documentation for new and existing clients (mostly international) and identification of main issues and missing information;
- Liaise and coordinate with different parties (internal as well as external) in relation to KYC and AML related matters;
- Identify and evaluate AML/CTF risks as per internal risk based approach;
- Gather, analyze and maintain AML/KYC documentation;
- Ensure physical and digital records, databases are maintained in accordance with our standards.
- Ensure urgent, sensitive matters are escalated appropriately;
- Monitor and follow-up regulatory developments and update the procedures and templates accordingly;
- Be a key point of contact within the law firm for questions or issues raised for Compliance purposes;
- Participate to various internal projects (internal training…organizational team work);
- Promotes a strong compliance culture.
- You hold a degree in Business Administration or in Law (minimum Bac+3) or an equivalent level gained through relevant professional experience and continuous professional learning;
- You have a prior successful experience in a similar function (minimum of 3 years);
- You are fluent in French and English (written & spoken);
- You have ideally a good knowledge of the Luxembourg legal environment;
- You have excellent analytical and problem solving skills;
- You are able to work efficiently under pressure;
- You are proactive, rigorous and able to meet tight deadlines;
- You are a team player with the ability to work independently.
If you are interested in this job opportunity, we are looking forward to receiving your application.
All applications will be treated confidentially.