Experienced VAT Advisor / Lawyer
Arendt & Medernach is the leading independent business law firm in Luxembourg. The firm’s international team of more than 380 legal professionals represents Luxembourg and foreign clients in all areas of Luxembourg business law from its main office in Luxembourg and representative offices in Hong Kong, London, Moscow, New York and Paris.
Our service to clients is differentiated by the end to end specialist advice we offer, covering all legal, regulatory, taxation and advisory aspects of doing business in Luxembourg.
Our firm advises international and domestic clients in all areas of business law relevant to their business activities, ranging from fund formation, banking, insurance, private equity and real estate to corporate and tax matters.
To be based in our Luxembourg office we are currently recruiting:
Experienced VAT Advisor / Lawyer (m/f)
- Be part of a team which assists our domestic and international clients on all VAT related issues;
- Provide tailor-made VAT advice and services: tax compliance and tax planning;
- Analyze and identify client needs;
- Liaise with Luxembourg VAT authorities;
- Take part in meetings and/or conference calls with clients with a view to discussing their projects; follow-up on client requests and build strong relationships with them;
- After an initial integration period, you will assist in guiding and training junior lawyers within the team and more generally, you will be involved in organizing work and facilitating the sharing of knowledge;
- Be required to manage your files with increasing autonomy.
To accomplish the above role, we are looking for a talented advisor / lawyer with the following profile:
- You hold a university degree in law (first and second State examination in Germany, Master 2 from Belgium, Luxembourg or France), ideally completed by a post-graduate degree in tax law ;
- You have at least 3 to 5 years of working experience in national and international taxation within a law or audit firm in Luxembourg ;
- You have a perfect command of either French and English, both written and spoken, or German and English with a good command of French;
- You possess proven listening skills and analytical rigour which enable you to gain the trust of internal and external contact persons;
- You are open-minded, dynamic, flexible and capable of working in a team in an organized and independent manner.
- An entrepreneurial working environment giving priority to team work;
- A challenging role within a renowned organisation;
- A multicultural environment where we promote diversity, talent & ideas;
- The ability to work and interact with a wide variety of specialists;
- Internal trainings and career development.
If you are interested in this job opportunity, we are looking forward to receiving your application.
All applications will be treated confidentially.