Internship – Fund Accounting PE/RE
Arendt Services, which is part of Arendt & Medernach, the largest law firm in Luxembourg, is regulated by the Luxembourg supervisory authority (CSSF – Commission de Surveillance du Secteur Financier) and operates under the status of Professional of Financial Sector (“PSF”).
Arendt Services offers a wide range of services, such as domiciliation, corporate secretarial and accounting services, fund services, directorship of companies, tax-compliance services and assistance in the winding-up of companies.
As a result of the continuous increase in our activities, we are currently looking for a:
Internship - Fund Accounting PERE
As a Trainee Fund Accountant in the FATA department, your role will encompass all facets of the calculation of net asset values on a variety of complex PERE (Private Equity/Real Estate) funds. This is a challenging and rewarding role which provides exposure to all elements of a PERE fund’s accounting processes and life cycle. Working with other members of the team, your responsibilities will include:
- Assist in the accounting of PERE funds which hold a diverse portfolio of investments;
- Participate in the calculation of net asset value of funds on a quarterly/semi-annual and annual basis which will include the preparation of reporting packs under LUXGAAP (some under IFRS or USGAAP);
- Day-to-day bookkeeping;
- Assist in the preparation/review of financial statements for audit purposes;
- Calculation of tax/VAT reporting;
- Preparation of needed reporting (client, BCL, CSSF);
- Ensure adequate and timely responses to clients’ requests;
- You are studying a Bachelor or Master's degree in accounting, finance or business;
- Ideally, you have a first experience related to PERE funds (preferably within asset management groups in Luxembourg);
- You have a basic knowledge/show good interest of the regulations pertaining to Alternative funds such as RAIF and of AIFM regulation;
- An entrepreneurial working environment giving priority to team work;
- A multicultural environment where we promote diversity, talent & ideas;
- The ability to work and interact with a wide variety of specialists;
- Internal trainings (technical or soft skills) and career development.
If you are interested in this job opportunity, we are looking forward to receiving your application.
All applications will be treated confidentially.