Arendt & Medernach is the leading independent business law firm in Luxembourg. The firm’s international team of more than 350 legal professionals represents Luxembourg and foreign clients in all areas of Luxembourg business law from its main office in Luxembourg and representative offices in Dubai, Hong Kong, London, Moscow, New York and Paris.
Our service to clients is differentiated by the end to end specialist advice we offer, covering all legal, regulatory, taxation and advisory aspects of doing business in Luxembourg.
Our firm advises international and domestic clients in all areas of business law relevant to their business activities, ranging from fund formation, banking, insurance, private equity and real estate to corporate and tax matters.
To be based in our Luxembourg office, we are looking for a:
Billing Manager (m/f)
In this newly created role within our Finance department, this person will coordinate the billing effort of the organization by monitoring weekly and monthly invoicing targets, defining or enhancing processes and systems, providing technical and operational support to billing assistants and lawyers on most complicated matter, preparing and delivering trainings and acting as a third level of escalation for partners and clients.
- Supervise and manage all billing processes, including the coordination and monitoring of the billing assistants located in several Business Units within the Practice.
- Track and monitor monthly proforma status and totals including following up with lawyers, secretaries, and billing staff to ensure that deadlines and invoicing targets are met; communicate with management regarding areas of concern and non-performance. Leverage this knowledge to project and monitor weekly, monthly and quarterly billing levels.
- Identify and recommend improvements to existing procedures related to invoicing and electronic invoice submission; ensures the quality and integrity of the client billing process within current firm policies and current rate structures.
- Support installation of software system upgrades relating to billing when required.
- Act as escalation desk to resolve most complex billing issues, multi payor, consolidated and split billing and other ad hoc client requests.
- Serve as mentor and assist in the training and development of Billing Specialists and Billing Assistants. Manages training programs for new billing lawyer and secretarial staff.
- You have a bachelor’s degree or equivalency required with at least 5 years of experience in a Billing department, preferably in a law firm or a professional services organization
- You have a team management experience
- You have an experience with billing software, preferably Thomson Reuters Elite or any other systems designed for professional services organizations
- You have working knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.)
- You are able to use diplomacy and discretion when distributing information
- You demonstrate the ability to anticipate work needs, be proactive in identifying issues and providing solutions, flexible in performing additional duties as assigned to facilitate smooth billing operations.
- You understand technical aspects of billing software and troubleshoot any issues.
- An entrepreneurial working environment giving priority to team work;
- A challenging role within a renowned organisation;
- A multicultural environment where we promote diversity, talent & ideas;
- The ability to work and interact with a wide variety of specialists;
- Internal trainings and career development.
If you are interested in this job opportunity, we are looking forward to receiving your application.
All applications will be treated confidentially.