Discover our latest Legal Update. The topics are:
- Market abuse: new European rules
- Theft of intangible assets: the unauthorised downloading of computer data and the photocopying of documents can be considered as theft under Article 461 of the Luxembourg Criminal Code
- Status and rights during the criminal investigation of a person having the status of a civil party following its indictment in the same criminal investigation
- Potential major reversal of case law in France relating to the sharing of liabilities between the offender and the victim for damage caused to assets by intentional criminal offences
- Packaged Retail and Insurance-based Investment Products
- MiFID II: main impact for the fund industry
- The Private Placement Rules in Luxembourg post 22 July 2014 for non-EU AIFMs
Discover our latest Legal Update.
The topics are:
- Enforcement of the 2013 financial information prepared by issuers of securities subject to the Transparency Law
- Criminal settlement soon for Luxembourg
- Strenghtening of procedural safeguards in criminal proceedings
- Reporting obligations under the AIFMD from a Luxembourg regulatory perspective
- EU Long-term Investment Funds
Read the full Legal update by clicking on the attached document
On 8 January 2014 the Commission de Surveillance du Secteur Financier (the “CSSF”) issued press release. This press release is relevant to all issuers whose home Member State within the meaning of the law of 11 January 2008 on transparency requirements for issuers of securities, as amended (the “Transparency Law”) is Luxembourg and who prepare their financial statements in accordance with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
The CSSF has announced it will focus its review on several selected subjects, discover them in the newsflash below
Draft bill 6471 not only proposes to implement AIFMD into Luxembourg law, but also to modernise its partnership law.
Luxembourg thereby adds a further tool to its product offering of an attractive fund and joint venture jurisdiction.
To read more about this article, click on the link below.
Topics : fight against money laundering and terrorist financing, criminal settlement, electronic achieving, remuneration policies of AIFMs, AIFMD implementing measures.
Topics: Banking secrecy, Luxembourg law of 21 July 2012, General Court’s MasterCard judgment, Professionals of the insurance sector, Special Limited Partnership (SLP) Regime, ESMA Q&A on KIID for UCITS, European regulation.
Topics: Package Retail Investment Products (PRIPS), Insurance Mediation Directive (IMD2), UCITS V.
Topics: E-money Directive in Luxembourg, Cayman investment fund, Insurance and Reinsurance law: Circular letters 11/2 and 11/7, Marketing of UCITS.
Topics: Implementation of UCITS IV, AIFM Directive, Cluster munitions, Energy performance, Law of 26 July 2010.
Topics: Luxembourg Stock Exchange, International debt securities, Risk measurement, Remuneration policies in the financial sector, Criminal liability.
Topics: Market Abuse Law, Luxembourg listed issuers, Community law into national law, Case C-101/08, Accounting Standards Commission, Assets of insurance companies, UCITS IV, Collective investments, Trash ratio.
Topics: Public procurement, Capital protection rules (Directive 2006/68/EC), Trade and companies’ register, Cross-border mergers, Criminal liability if directors, Controlled management procedures, Circular letter 09/6, Alternative investment fund, UCITS.